Monday, April 5, 2010

A Very Easter(n) Raptors Weekend [WSR]



Lots of Eastern Conference implications over the weekend...

In a matter of 2 seconds, the season was summed up quite nicely. The Raptors pulled off the unexpected, then Chris Bosh went up, before falling back down. I know a bunch of people are still not over the crazy finish at the ACC last night. I know I wasn't - which is why I couldn't take my eyes away from the video above. I had to watch it over...and over...again.

BTW - was am I the only who found the Nellie/Warriors moshpit a tad hilarious?

Second on the docket of this edition of "With A Side of Red", I've got another Easter Egg of news that Raps fans may like.

Here's a snippet from an article that can be found at Cleveland.com

"One option the team may consider is giving James and some other players some time off this week and then putting a full team out on the floor for the final two games against the Magic and Hawks next Sunday and Wednesday. There is a chance Shaquille O'Neal could return for one or both of those games."

Okay. I like it!

Lastly, here's a video regarding the recent Autism Awareness Night that was held at the ACC. For those that don't know, April is considered Autism Awareness Month. It was good on both the Toronto Raptors and Toronto Maple Leafs to go out and show their support for a great cause. Autism is a serious thing, but at the same time, those with it should be considered just like everyone else. They're fully capable of probably more than what you expect. On top of that - they can be huge basketball fans as well. Trust me - I know one that could talk ball for days!



And that's it from me today. Just wanted to let everyone know that I appreciate the surprising success everyone has brought to this blog and the Raptors Rundown podcast. After a mere 3 months, everything has come quite quick, and I'm enjoying every second of it.

With that said, I've gotten emails regarding the drop in activity over the last 3-4 days. Before I get bombarded with anymore, I would like to point out that it's been Easter weekend, I had my birthday to celebrate, and final exams were taking place. But now that it's all out of the way, expect me to have all hands on deck as we approach the finish line.

To prove that, I've already got an interview with Joel Riley of Boshtown lined up for tomorrow. He'll be appearing on episode 4 of the Raptors Rundown to talk Raptors basketball. So keep a look out for that.

Whatever you happen to be doing Raptors fans, I hope you enjoyed it With A Side of Red!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...